Office Assistant III – Jury Administration, Superior CourtFull Time
The Superior Court has an opening for an Office Assistant III position in our Jury Administration area. This position performs office support for Jury Administration of Superior Court. This position is generally responsible for summonsing jurors for Superior and District Court, high public contact involving communicating information and responding to questions, reading mail and composing responses and other secretarial support work for the Jury Administration area of Superior Court.
Education and Experience:
· Three to five years of responsible and advanced administrative support experience including the full range of office and support functions; telephone and reception, word processing, spreadsheet and other personal computer applications, filing systems, mail, supplies, budgeting, accounting and others. In those positions requiring typing, the incumbents must, upon entry into the position, be able to type at a rate of no less than 55 words per minute. May be required to possess or obtain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Other combinations of education or experience, which would demonstrate the ability to perform the work, will be considered.
· Specialized experience in the area of assignment is highly desirable. However, this expertise is not required at entry into the classification.
· In some positions, the incumbent may be required to possess or be able to obtain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Some positions require or prefer certain bilingual skills.
Knowledge of: General office procedures and practices and of the specialized functions, policies, and procedures of the work unit; spelling, capitalization, punctuation and rules of grammar, and of the formats and clerical procedures used in performing the work; filing and record-keeping procedures; applicable laws, county codes, ordinances, and policies governing the work of the department and assignment; business English; PC computer applications such as work processing, spreadsheets and data bases as required by the position.
Ability to: Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; master the more complex department processes, services and functions; operate standard office equipment such as computer software applications, telephones, copy machines; apply sound judgment in making decisions independently in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations; effectively maintain harmonious relationships with customers, including co-workers; diffuse difficult or highly charged situations, follow oral and written instructions; effectively guide and assist other employees; evaluate and improve department service delivery through enhancement of procedures, systems, organizational approaches and record keeping; develop and demonstrate effective customer service techniques; communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: M3.505 $20.64 – $26.36- per hour