Senior Office AssistantFull Time
Environmental Health Department
Position: Senior Office Assistant
Starting Salary: $3,200 to $4,288 per month DOE, DOQ
Location: Environmental Health Department
Employment Type: Full-time (40 hrs./wk.); Open until filled
Full time benefits include:
• County pays $1,450 per month towards medical, dental, vision, life insurance and
employee assistance program for employee and eligible family members.
• Retirement: Walla Walla County full time employees are eligible for Washington State
Department of Retirement Services (DRS)
• HRA Veba account: Employer contribution may apply
• Wellness program
• Deferred compensation plans offered
• Twelve paid holidays annually
• Vacation accrual based on seniority
• Benefited employees shall accrue sick leave benefits at the percentage rate of hours
worked per week, to a maximum of eight (8) hours earned per month based on a forty
(40) hour workweek but not less than one (1) hour per every forty (40) hours worked
per County Policy 30.05.0
Visit Walla Walla County Website for detailed benefits information.
Brief Duties and Responsibilities: The person in this position performs receptionist,
specialized clerical, financial, and specialized environmental health duties requiring
considerable attention to detail and application of within policy and procedural
guidelines. In addition, general clerical support is provided for the Environmental
Health Division. This position involves considerable contact with the public and
includes application of human relations skills. Work is normally performed with a good
deal of independence after initial introduction to all duties during the first six months of
Working Conditions: Work will be performed both inside and outside of the department
and within the county at large. Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate a
personal computer and peripherals. Requires sufficient hearing and speech ability to
communicate verbally. Requires the ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of
clerical/administrative experience required. Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred.
Application: Application, resume and cover letter required. To apply online and
view the job description please go to the County website: www.co.walla-walla.wa.us.
SELECTION IS BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS, BACKGROUND CHECK, DRIVING
RECORD CHECK, AND ORAL INTERVIEW