Sheriff’s Support Specialist II – Sheriff’s OfficeFull Time
The Sheriff’s Office welcomes people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ communities to enhance its work force and to better reflect the diversity of the community.
This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be collected on an ongoing basis.
Support Specialists in the Sheriff’s Office are governed by State Civil Service laws, which require specific recruitment and testing procedures. This recruitment will be used to create a one-year eligibility list to fill current and future positions within the Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office operates on a 24-hour, 7-days a week basis. Assignments and scheduling are based on a seniority bidding process.
Most new Support Specialist II’s begin employment in the Sheriff’s Office Criminal Records Division and are required to work off-hour shifts of grave or swing as well as most holidays and weekends.
Education and Experience:
Two years of clerical or administrative support experience. Successful completion of post-secondary education or training in office principles and practices can be substituted for the minimum experience (45 credit hours for each year).
The ideal candidates will have the following capabilities and experience:
· Be available to work all shifts (days/swing/graveyard), as well as most weekends and holidays.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Excel, plus have significant exposure to other applications including spreadsheet and database management systems.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of changing daily and weekly tasks, requiring the ability to hand off work to coworkers during shift changes.
· Strong oral/written communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain and create effective working relationships in a high stress environment.
All combinations of education, experience, and training that demonstrate the ability to perform the work will be considered.
Knowledge of: general office practices, procedures, and technologies; business correspondence techniques and formats including spelling, punctuation, and grammar; basic bookkeeping; and standards for effective communication and interpersonal relations.
Ability to: utilize computers and other standard office equipment; develop and maintain effective working relationships; communicate effectively with callers, visitors, customers, and the general public; produce timely and quality documents, forms, and reports; use various computer software applications with a high degree of proficiency.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Sheriff Support.820 $19.13 – $24.49- per hour