Vital Records Deputy Registrar – Public HealthFull Time
Deputy Registrars provide advanced level customer service for Department of Health Vital Records by reviewing and proofreading forms, editing files, and providing detailed, sensitive program information and direction to the public, employees, and other public jurisdictions. Deputy Registrars request & verify identity documentation, and evidence of requestor eligibility as required by law to process applications for birth and death certificates.
· Three to five years of responsible and advanced administrative support experience including the full range of office and support functions; telephone and reception, word processing, spreadsheet and other personal computer applications, filing systems, mail, supplies, budgeting, accounting and others. In those positions requiring typing, the incumbents must, upon entry into the position, be able to type at a rate of no less than 55 words per minute.
· Other combinations of education or experience, which would demonstrate the ability to perform the work, will be considered.
· Specialized experience in the area of assignment is highly desirable. However, this expertise is not required at entry into the classification.
· In some positions, the incumbent may be required to possess or be able to obtain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Some positions require or prefer certain bilingual skills
Knowledge of: general office procedures and practices and of the specialized functions, policies, and procedures of the work unit; spelling, capitalization, punctuation and rules of grammar, and of the formats and clerical procedures used in performing the work; filing and record-keeping procedures; applicable laws, county codes, ordinances, and policies governing the work of the department and assignment; business English; PC computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and data bases; basic bookkeeping and/or cashiering methods and practices.
Key components of cultural competency; awareness of differences, attitude to examine beliefs and values, knowledge of differences and skills to effectively and appropriately work across cultures.
· Apply understanding and knowledge of cultural differences and similarities when working with diverse populations.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line (applications on external sites are not monitored), please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 335.505 $20.73 – $26.47- per hour