Program Assistant – Assessor’s OfficeFull Time
The Program Assistant position is the primary resource for Community Outreach and Engagement supporting the Assessor’s Office tax relief programs, with a specialized focus upon the Senior/Disabled Persons property tax exemption program. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating community outreach and engagement events with the public, working with community partners and various agencies to connect citizens with the programs we offer. We are seeking talented and self-motivated individuals to join our team who have experience in communications, marketing, and content management for social media and public websites. The position will also provide administrative support to multiple program areas, assist with coordination and execution of training and education, and support senior staff as required.
Education and Experience:
The Program Assistant position requires a job-related bachelor’s degree, degrees in marketing or communications are preferred; or three to five years of experience related to the specialized program areas. Depending on area of assignment, a degree may substitute for some or all required experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to author correspondence, news releases, staff reports and procedures.
· Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, activities and functions, arrange for necessary equipment and supplies.
· Experience as primary staff liaison to various organizations internal and external to the County.
· Experience researching, interpreting, preparing, and maintaining a variety of information and documents requiring knowledge of specific program and requirements and terminology.
· Strong computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web authoring tools.
· Experience or knowledge of creating content using ARC-GIS Enterprise Portal Story Maps.
· Works effectively in a team environment.
· Highly detailed and organized with ability to prioritize work to meet goals and deadlines.
Knowledge of: Applicable computer applications/technology, principles and practices of public sector organization and some specifics relating to program operations; planning, scheduling, monitoring, and problem solving; research techniques and data analysis; application of County, State and federal laws and regulations relevant to the program/project area; departmental policies and procedures, trends and practices within the specialized area.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 11.508 $23.99 – $30.67- per hour