Zoonotic/Vector-borne Disease Specialist – Environmental Health (EHS II)Full Time
The Zoonotic and Vector-borne Disease Specialist will work to identify current and emerging diseases for animals and humans at risk within Clark County. This will be accomplished by addressing various public complaints, creating guidance documents, providing technical assistance, and completing environmental investigations as needed. By working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders, the position will build a framework to bridge the gap between human, animal, and environmental health. This position will be expected to spend a significant amount of time developing this portion of the program. It will require facilitation skills as this program will rapidly evolve with input from many perspectives.
Education and Experience:
The Zoonotic and Vector-borne Disease Specialist position requires a bachelor’s degree in biology life science, environmental health, or related field. Master’s level degree in Public Health, Education, or related field preferred. The applicant must also provide documented experience developing, presenting, and facilitating IPM training. Experience with One Health and medical terminology preferred.
Position incumbents are required to hold a valid driver’s license and have the ability to work flexible hours, which may extend into evening and weekend time.
All combinations of education, experience and training that demonstrate the ability to perform the work will be considered.
· Etiology and dynamics of rabies and other zoonotic and vector-borne diseases
· Consultative and educational investigative techniques
· Telephone interview techniques, consultation, and case investigations
· IPM development and implementation
Microsoft software including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
· Familiarity with GIS mapping
· Workshop development
· Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and presenting to the general public and industry professionals
· Project management, program development and evaluation
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 335.38A $29.47 – $39.24- per hour