Public Works Engineer IIIFull Time
Clark County Public Works is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join its Engineering and Design Section, one of five groups that make up its Engineering and Construction Division. Although Clark County Public Works has the resources and expertise of a large organization, the smaller Engineering and Design Section has the intimate, tight-knit feel of a small firm.
The 10-person team is production oriented. Our engineers design county infrastructure and also have opportunities for career development through planning, project development, emergency response assistance and other interesting and challenging work.
Education and Experience:
· B.S. degree in Civil or related engineering. ; OR
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) years relative engineering work experience and possession of an E.I.T. certification.
· B.S. degree in Civil or related Engineering and two (2) years experience in an Engineering I classification or equivalent.; OR
· High School diploma or G.E.D. and four (4) years relative engineering work experience to include a minimum of two (2) years experience in an Engineering I classification or equivalent and possession of an E.I.T. certification.
· B.S. degree in Civil or related engineering and two (2) years of experience in an Engineer II or equivalent position and registration as a professional civil or structural engineer; AND
· Possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license by date of appointment.
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of civil engineering and of the physical sciences (hydraulics, mechanics, etc.) involved; modern and efficient engineering methods and techniques in the design, construction and maintenance of facilities relative to one or more areas of Public Works engineering (e.g. Transportation, Design, Utility, Construction, etc.); project management, including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and problem solving; Knowledge of the application and interpretation of County regulatory codes, state regulatory and legislative requirements, court decisions and Attorney Generals opinions concerning the wide variety of engineering functions; departmental policies and procedures, work standards and codes applicable to the job.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 17 Engineers.213 $38.26 – $48.92- per hour