DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION COORDINATORFull Time
The Kitsap County Board of Commissioners has an exciting opportunity for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator to join the team!
Under the direction of the Board of County Commissioners, this position leads as a subject matter expert in areas of diversity equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives for the County. The coordinator will ensure awareness, recommend County policy and direction, and ensure the County delivers equitable and inclusive services. This position will lead/coordinate internal and external committees furthering DEI efforts. The incumbent will provide outreach to the community, create forums for community members to interact with each other and County staff, and produce community meetings and events to promote engagement, collaboration, and partnership.
This is a full-time position with wages ranging from $89,029.97 – $113,965.90 annually. This position offers medical/dental/vision, life insurance, participation in the PERS State Retirement Plan, 11 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays, 8 hours per month of vacation accruals, and 8 hours per month of sick leave accruals. Work hours for this position are typically Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Remote work opportunities are available. Evening hours will occasionally be required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Public Policy, Organizational Development, Public Relations, or a closely related field; AND
- 5 years of progressive experience with an emphasis in diversity, equity and inclusion, civil rights laws such as EEO, ADA and Title VI, and DEI work which includes at least 2 years of leading and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in an organization and in community outreach.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.
PREFERED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the public sector preferred.
- Experience working with midsize organizations in organizational development.
- Experience with education/training programs.
- Experience with community outreach.
- Experience with a variety of computer programs and virtual software in developing materials and promotional media, including program text and graphics.
To view additional optional benefits, an illustrative example of duties, and to apply, please visit our website: DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION COORDINATOR | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)