Maintenance Technician IFull Time
Walla Walla County Public Works
Position: Maintenance Technician I
Starting Salary: $20.01/hour – $26.82/hour DOE, DOQ – see Union Contract
Location: Public Works Department
Employment Type: Full Time (40 hours per week) Public Works Union – Open until filled
Full time benefits include:
• County pays $1,450 per month towards medical, dental, vision, life insurance and employee assistance program for employee and eligible family members.
• Retirement: Walla Walla County full time employees are eligible for Washington State Department of Retirement Services (DRS)
• HRA Veba account: Employer contribution may apply.
• Wellness program
• Deferred compensation plans offered
• Twelve paid holidays annually • Vacation accrual based on seniority (see Union Contract)
• Benefited employees shall accrue sick leave benefits at the percentage rate of hours worked per week, to a maximum of eight (8) hours earned per month based on a forty (40) hour workweek but not less than one (1) hour per every forty (40) hours worked per County Policy 30.05.0
Visit Walla Walla County Website for detailed benefits information.
Brief Duties and Responsibilities: Operates various road maintenance and construction equipment in and around traffic. Perform manual work using hand tools and machinery. Provide flagging and traffic control for maintenance activities and emergencies. Perform duties and represent the County to the public in a professional and courteous manner. See the job description for the complete list of essential functions and examples of duties.
Working Environment: Work is performed indoors or outdoors, daylight or evening, in normal and adverse weather conditions. Requires physical strength and ability to lift up to one hundred (100) pounds repeatedly. Ability to bend, reach, twist, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods. Good manual dexterity and motor coordination required. Must wear safety equipment as needed for environment or cleaning elements.
Minimum Qualifications: Two (2) years’ experience operating trucks with 13-speed to 18-speed manual transmission and trucks with trailers. Up to twelve months of any combination of education and/or training which will provide the level of knowledge and experience required and that may be substituted for experience. Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with tanker endorsement required. Must obtain Traffic Control Flagging Certificate. Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
Application: Walla Walla County Employment Application and Resume required. For application and job description visit our web site at www.co.walla-walla.wa.us where you can apply online.
SELECTION IS BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS, BACKGROUND CHECK, DRIVNG RECORD CHECK AND ORAL INTERVIEW
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER / ADA COMPLIANT