Court Assistant II – Clerk’s OfficeFull Time
At the Clerk’s Office, we carry out our mission of serving the public in a courteous and professional manner. We are passionate about our employees and the vital role they play in the Superior Court System.
Our office is currently recruiting for a Court Assistant II to joining our team.
Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This position will perform a wide variety of technical operations requiring specialized legal knowledge.
• Provide information to the public, co-workers and outside agencies concerning case or court process.
• Process case filing documents that come from the members of the public, prosecuting attorney, and attorneys.
• Participate in daily team assignments in support of Court operations.
• Maintain multiple data and case management systems.
• May assist in training of other assigned staff.
Education and Experience:
Two years of clerical word processing, typing or stenographic work experience which includes at least one year of work directly related to the work of the class; or On year (45 credit hours) of post-secondary business legal or office occupational training or education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
Knowledge of: Modern office practices; business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation; the operation of Court and court processing activity.
Ability to: Work independently in a high pressure environment; follow, understand and apply prescribed procedures, policies, laws and regulations to the legal processing activities of the Court systems; express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; operate standard office equipment including word processors computer terminals, typewriters, adding machines, calculators, dictaphones, copiers and transcribers; sit or stand both for long periods of time while performing routine and repetitive functions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other agencies and the general public.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
· Attends Court and makes accurate minutes of proceedings; instructs defendants; administers oaths; oversees exhibits; prepares and processes orders of the Court; performs follow-up work as required.
· Issues warrants, summons, subpoenas, notices and hearings, writs of garnishments, restriction and habeas corpus, criminal commitments, attachments and other legal documents ordered by the Court.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 11.503 $18.81 – $23.99- per hour