Communicable Disease Public Health Nurse II – Public HealthFull Time
This unit is responsible for the investigation, prevention and control of communicable diseases in Clark County, provides rapid response to disease outbreaks, including case investigation, TB case management, response and implementation of preventive measures to control disease spread in the community. Services are provided at a variety of locations, such as over the phone, client homes and other community locations according to protocols and under the oversight of the Program Manager and the Health Officer. The position emphasizes health promotion and prevention of health problems. Activities may be focused on the individual, the community, or the systems level, depending on how the issue may best be addressed.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. The degree must have been conferred by an institution of higher education and have National Recognition of Accrediting Agencies by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
· Two to four years combination of experience to include clinical experience in a healthcare facility and infection prevention, epidemiology, or infectious disease surveillance experience.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Federal, State and Regional requirements.
· Strong background using science and data to make decisions and implement public health services.
· Conduct analysis and formulate conclusions
· Identify occurrences, reservoirs, incubation periods, periods of communicability, modes of transmission, signs and symptoms, and susceptibility associated with the infectious disease process.
· Interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests
· Washington State Nurse Practice Act
· Foster effective working relationships and build consensus
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
· Use judgment and make sound decisions
· Work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Evaluate own knowledge, practice, and learning needs and take steps to improve.
· Express ideas effectively both orally and in writing and maintain accurate records.
· Effectively use a personal computer, Microsoft Office software, email, and internet to accomplish job functions.
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 335.391 $35.28 – $46.08- per hour