Program Manager II-Environmental Public Health -Food SafetyFull Time
Program Manager II positions manage a significant program(s) and associated staff that directly impact departments and policies countywide. Incumbents are expected to handle considerable complexity in program budget process and management, with high visibility or impact on significant operations within the County. Incumbents forecast, plan, develop and implement strategies and programs to accomplish goals, priorities and objectives including managing department resources; developing, interpreting, monitoring, adjusting and implementing policies and procedures; and managing daily operations. The Program Manager II role requires advanced expertise in broadly evaluating options, presenting plans, and uniting others in support of programs critical to the goals and objectives to ensure department’s success.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in public health, environmental health, food science, or other relatable field, and a combination of experience and specialized training which includes a minimum of five (5) years experience within a relatable position;
· REHS preferred.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
This position will be responsible for the following:
· Work with team and program data to identify and measure the impacts and outcomes of work
· Assist team in developing, implementing, and evaluating innovative strategies to address customer needs
· Create a collaborative, trusting, and engaging work environment
· Establish annual professional goals with direct reports with regular monitoring and evaluation
· Lead review, recruitment and onboarding process for team vacancies or additional positions
· Organize and delegate daily assignments and projects to team members
· Address team performance issues within the guidelines set by HR and Union Contract policies
· Manage team schedules, timecards, leave, remote work and other related matters
· Apply State, County and department policy expectations
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: M2.827 $6,971.00 – $9,848.00- per month